Sunday, September 27, 2020

Why does society make women feel required to have children?

 I am a woman and aware of all the social expectations that people have from a woman. Since from my childhood, or you can say from the time when I got to know about womanhood, I am hearing the old saying that 'a woman is incomplete without having children' or 'a woman becomes complete when she bears a child.' Since then, I was having the question, why? Today when this question has been raised, I would like to thank you. Also, I would share my views.

A woman is blessed with the reproductive system to bear the child during her childbearing days. But society has taken it in another way. The social norms are set for a woman, to bear a child so that she becomes complete and can take their dynasty forward.

 A child, that too a boy child is said to be the remark of their dynasty. I do not say that a woman should not give birth to a child. She should give birth to a child if she will’s to and is prepared to have it.

In many of the areas of society, a girl is forced to get married early instead of gainingan education. She is then forced to do house chores and also give birth to the child.

 The social norms had made women show proof of her fertility by reproducing a child against her wish.

Our society has trained a woman to think that a child will help her be complete and feel secured and live with dignity in society. It is one of the norms of the society that if a woman does not have children has no respect from society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How education helps in sustainable development

  Education as we know is one of the important aspects of humans' life. It not only contributes to the economic growth and development o...